Banzai is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer with an emphasis in functional programming techniques. You will develop new, as well as improve upon, Banzai's ecosystem which delivers financial education to people around the U.S. via sponsors of all kinds. Banzai's infrastructure is built in Clojure*—this is the language you will primarily work in.
*As an applicant, you are not expected to know Clojure, however, you need to be familiar and comfortable with at least one functional programming language (see What You Need).
What You Will Do
Banzai is building a new generation of financial literacy tools and scaling it to millions of users. As a developer at Banzai you will:
- Build interactive, educational courses
- Contribute to the infrastructure that supports those courses
- Build analytical tools for our bank and credit union sponsors
- Develop in-house tooling
- Train and mentor junior developers
- Work in a suite of technologies and programming languages (see below)
What You Need
All of the skills below are desirable, but Banzai will judge your qualifications on balance. We hope you'll have:
- At least five years of programming experience
- Strong proficiency in at least one functional programming language
- Experience building web applications
- Experience working with a variety of back-end data stores
- Proficiency in Clojure is a plus
At Banzai, we're proud of the benefits we offer, not least of which is the autonomy to make decisions about software and making an impact on a small team. The hard benefits, however, include:
- Salary range: $80–120K depending on experience
- Full healthcare and dental benefits, with 95% premium coverage, and 100% coverage of out-of-pocket expenses
- 401(K) employer match of 5%
- Flexible vacations
- Flexible remote work (Note: this is not a fully remote position.)
- Life and disability insurance
- Phone and service upon completion of an agreed-upon target
- Stock options
Banzai builds software to teach financial education in over 30,000 schools and to over a million children and adults nationwide. 800+ community banks and credit unions have partnered with Banzai to sponsor the courses on behalf of educators and communities.
We employ around 50 professionals in management, sales, sponsor relations, support, public relations, and product development. For more information about us, please visit our website: https://teachbanzai.com/
How To Apply
Submit whatever you think best demonstrates why you are Banzai's best choice. Here are a few suggestions:
- Resume or work history
- Cover letter describing why you are a fit for Banzai
- Public portfolio, if you have one (e.g. Github)
- Work portfolio: items demonstrating real work you've produced for clients or employers.
To apply, please email your application to Kenna Martin, Lead Developer at Banzai, at email@example.com.
Banzai is located in Provo at 2230 N. University Pkwy. Bldg. 14.